How to leave a comment
The students at Huzzah! & Division 3 believe the purpose of commenting is to connect.
“Blogging is about reading, thinking, and responding.
Getting a comment can be like receiving a little bouquet in your mailbox: a treat for the senses.
We comment a lot: on YouTube videos, on blogs, and face to face–pretty much, we comment all the time. We comment to learn, sometimes from people on the other side of the world. We comment to express our opinions about what has been written. We comment to connect, and to connect we tell stories, use humour, and share our thinking. Remember, you are trying to engage the blogger in a conversation! A good comment can be the beginning of a good blogging relationship.”
Their advice on quality commenting is to think about your digital privacy and think about the tone, content and conventions of your comment.
The students brainstormed, discussed, and determined that the following points are important to keep in mind when commenting on blogs. This applies to fellow students, parents, teachers and the general public.
- Don’t use chat or texting language like lol, i, or u.
- Make your comment worth reading.
- No “Hi! Visit my blog! Bye!” comments. Be thoughtful.
- Start a conversation.
- Be positive, interested, and encouraging.
- If you disagree, be polite about it.
- Connect with the post: be on topic.
- Re-read your comment before you hit submit – think before you send!
- Aim for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Include your blog url so people can comment back
- Keep your privacy: no personal or identifying information about you, your family, or your friends. Don’t give out last names, school name, phone numbers, user names, or places and dates you can be found
Latest posts by anna2018 (see all)
- WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!!! - November 27, 2018
- 100 word challenge: we seemed to be on television - November 27, 2018
- 100 word challenge: Bricks Gorilla Yellow Running Pretty - November 27, 2018